Many people enrolled in Original Medicare are also enrolling in Medigap Plans in 2023. These plans can help pay for most of the gaps left by Medicare Parts A (hospital) and B (doctor services).
What Are These So-Called “Gaps?
They are expenses that you need to pay out-of-pocket. They include your deductibles, copays, and coinsurance.
View Medigap plans and rates
Enter Zip Code
What are the Top 5 Medigap Plans for 2023?
- Medigap Plan G
- Medigap Plan N
- High-deductible Medigap Plan G
- Medigap Plan F*
- High-deductible Medigap Plan F*
*Plan F is no longer available to anyone enrolled in Medicare on January 1st of 2020 or later
Medigap Plans for 2023
The plan letters for Medigap plans and their coverage won’t change in 2023. But more people are using our website to compare the rates and change insurance companies so they can save a significant amount of money on their plans.
The reason these people compare rates is that every company offers different premiums, even though plans have the same coverage.
In that case, if you have a Medigap plan and you are notified your premium will increase next year, you can find a better option by purchasing the same plan from another company to save a lot of money.
The Best Medigap Plans
If you are new to Medicare or you are changing Medigap plans in 2023 to help you save a huge deal of money, you may consider the following plans:
- Medicare Plan G. It will be the most popular plan in 2023.
- Medicare Plan N. It comes close because it offers to lower premiums while providing you with great coverage.
Continue reading to know the differences between these plans so you can find the best one for you.
Medicare Plan G - 2023
As mentioned, Medicare Plan G will be the most popular in 2023 because it offers comprehensive coverage for the gaps left by Part A and B Medicare.
With this plan, you will only pay one expense, which is the yearly Medicare Part B deductible.
Medicare Part B Deductible for 2023
Before Medicare Part B pays for your doctor’s bills, you will have to handle the deductible every year.
The Medicare Part B deductible in 2023 is $226.
What are the Key Points to Remember About Medigap Plan G in 2023?
- Without Network. It means that you can visit any doctor or specialist in the US, as long as the healthcare provider accepts Medicare.
- No referrals. You can go to a specialist without a referral from your primary care physician.
- No coinsurance pay or copays
Medigap Plan N - 2023
It is increasingly popular because it has lower monthly premiums than Plan G. Despite that, its coverage is still outstanding.
What is Medicare Plan N?
With this policy, you pay the yearly Part B deductible just as you would on Plan G.
The only difference is that when you meet the deductible on Plan N, you still have to handle a co-pay for every doctor’s visit when you go back to the doctor throughout the year.
The co-payment is low. It is so low that is less than $20 per visit. However, Telehealth does not apply to this situation.
Medicare Plan N in 2023
- When meeting the yearly Part B deductible, Medicare will pay 80% of the doctor’s bills. Medigap Plan N will pay 20%.
- You will also have to carry a copay of $20 after meeting the deductible.
- A $50 co-pay is also required if you go to the emergency room but with hospitalization.
- Plan N does not cover Medicare Part B excess charges. These charges are rare. If you live in CT, MN, PA, OH, RI, MA, VT, or NY, the excess charges are not applicable.
High-deductible Medicare Plan G - 2023
Medicare Plan G in 2023 is of two types. One is the standard plan mentioned above. The other is the high-deductible plan.
When you have standard Plan G, everything is covered except for the one deductible.
The high-deductible Plan G works the same way as standard Part G but with a higher deductible to pay. In 2022, the required deductible is $2490. It will only start paying your bills if you reach the said amount.
Medicare Part B starts to pay 80% of your medical bills when you meet the yearly Part B deductible. It means that you pay the remaining 20% of your doctor’s bill on the plan. You will only stop paying for it when you reach a higher deductible amount.
Once you meet the deductible, your policy will pay 100% of your medical bills for the rest of the year.
Which Medigap plan in 2023 is best for you?
It depends on your coverage needs. If you are not sure what policy to obtain, please talk to our experts. We can help you find a Medigap plan that fits your needs the most.
We’ll answer all your questions about Medigap plans and Medicare Part D prescription drug plans.
Don’t worry because our service is free. You can request quotes from us by entering your information to the right.
Or call today!