by Russell Noga | Updated July 3rd, 2023
Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) helps to fill in the gaps in Original Medicare Coverage, the expenses that Medicare Part A and Part B don’t cover.
For millions of Americans who rely on Medicare, the out-of-pocket expenses that are associated with the government-sponsored health insurance program can become exorbitant and ultimately, can result in financial hardship.
Because Medigap covers the expense that isn’t included in Part A and Part B, it helps to offset those out-of-pocket expenses, making Original Medicare more affordable and providing much-needed financial relief.
Medicare Supplement Insurance plans are sold by private insurance companies.
Compare 2024 Plans & Rates
Enter Zip Code
Medigap Plan Benefits
While the Medigap plans that all insurers offer must include the standard benefits that the federal government requires for each plan, companies can offer their policyholders additional benefits, such as discounted rates on vision care, dental care, and hearing care, as well as discounted rates for health and wellness programs and products.
Of the many private health insurers that offer Medicare Supplement Insurance, Mutual of Omaha is one of the top providers.
Of the additional benefits that private insurers can offer their Medigap policyholders, Silver Sneakers are among the most popular. If you’ve recently signed up for Original Medicare or you’re planning on enrolling soon, if you’re considering Mutual of Omaha as your insurer and you’re interested in the Silver Sneakers program, there’s no doubt you’re wondering if Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement offers Silver Sneakers.
Let’s find out.
What is Silver Sneakers?
Staying fit is important at all ages and stages of life; however, it’s particularly important as you age. It’s a well-known fact that being physically fit has a positive impact on your overall health and well-being and can even help to manage or prevent the development of chronic ailments. With that in mind, Silver Sneakers is a health and wellness program that is designed for individuals who are aged 65 and older; in other words, for individuals who are of retirement age and who are eligible for Medicare.
The goal of the Silver Sneakers program is to promote health and wellness in aging Americans. The program does this by offering several perks, including:
- Fitness classes that are directed by professional, experienced instructors
- Nationwide access to fitness centers and gyms
- Remote fitness classes that are offered both live online and on-demand
Silver Sneakers members enjoy unlimited access to a network of gyms, fitness centers, and classes across the country, and can use the facilities or take part in classes and programs nationwide. Since Silver Sneakers is intended for aging men and women who are eligible for Medicare benefits, private insurance companies that offer Medicare Supplement Insurance plans to provide their policyholders access to the health and wellness program. Access to Silver Sneakers is considered an additional benefit; in other words, it isn’t required, but rather it is offered in addition to the standard benefits that Medicare Supplement plans are required to provide.
Does Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Insurance Offer Silver Sneakers?
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Insurance does not offer the Silver Sneakers program; however, it does offer a similar program, called Mutually Well.
Mutual of Omaha is a leading insurance company in the United States and it is one of the top providers of Medicare Supplement plans. The company, which has been providing Americans with insurance products since 1909, is highly regarded for offering outstanding customer service and a variety of Medicare Supplement Insurance plans that are available across the country.
Mutual of Omaha offers all 10 Medigap policies (Plans A, B, C, D, F, G, K, L, M, and N); however, policies aren’t available in all locations and not all Medicare beneficiaries are eligible for all of the policies the insurer provides (for instance, individuals who became eligible for Medicare after January 1, 2020, cannot purchase Plan C or Plan F from Mutual of Omaha or any other insurer).
That said, in addition to offering the standard benefits that Medigap plans are required to provide, Mutual of Omaha also Medigap policyholders additional perks.
Compare 2024 Plans & Rates
Enter Zip Code
About Mutually Well
Like Silver Sneakers, Mutually Well is a health and wellness program that is designed for older individuals, aged 50 and over. Also like the Silver Sneakers program, Mutually Well aims to promote health and wellness by offering programs, perks, and discounts that are related to fitness.
Benefits that are included with the Mutually Well program include the following:
- Gym memberships. Members of the Mutually Well program can purchase a membership with a gym for a discounted rate of $25 per month. The discounted membership provides access to more than 10,000 participating fitness centers across the United States. Members can enjoy access to group classes that are taught by trained instructors. Additionally, members do not have to sign an annual contract or pay enrollment fees, and they can cancel or reactivate their membership to a gym at any time, without having to incur any penalties.
- Discounts on health and wellness products and services. Members of the Mutually Well program can also enjoy savings on health and wellness products and services. Discounted rates are offered for acupuncture, massage therapy, chiropractic care, personal training, fitness equipment, and even meal programs. A network of more than 20,000 specialists and businesses take part in this program across the nation.
- Mobile app. Members of this health and wellness program also receive access to the Mutually Well mobile app. With this app, you can develop and follow a customized healthy living plan. You can use the app to set objectives, receive weekly planning assistance, and to even receive discounts when using certain providers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement?
Contact Us for a Free Consultation on Medigap Plans
If you have questions about Medicare Supplement plans, call our team at 1-888-891-0229.
We offer professional advice on Medigap policies. Our fully licensed agents offer free consultations to give you all the information you need about Medigap.
Russell Noga is the CEO of Medisupps.com, an online Medicare Agency and resource center helping Medicare beneficiaries learn about Medicare, Medigap and Part D drug plans, and Medicare Advantage plans since 2009. Russell is licensed in all 50 states and has been featured as a keynote speaker, and author of several publications, along with hosting the very popular Medisupps.com Youtube channel.