Humana Medicare Supplement

There are numerous things to stress over as we age, but the affordability of healthcare should not be one of the top concerns.

That is where Humana Medicare Supplement plans come in. Traditional Medicare will cover 80% of approved medical services, but that leaves the remaining 20% of a bill, copays, coinsurance, all out of pocket. This amount can quickly add up, especially for hospitalization or extended care.

Humana Medicare Supplement plans allow you to eliminate this added stress as they are designed to cover part or all of the remaining 20% and other expenses. There are various plans available, offering different levels of benefits. The best plan for you will be based on your financial situation and medical needs.

 

About Humana Medicare Supplement

With headquarters located in Louisville, KY, Humana has become a leader in the healthcare insurance industry. It started from a nursing home company in 1961, and in 1974 it established itself as ‘Humana.’ In addition to Humana Medicare Supplement plans, they also offer group health insurance and individual health insurance.

According to A.M. Best, an insurance rating company, Humana has an excellent rating of “A-. “ In addition, they have a “BBB- “Fitch rating, and a “Baa3” Moody rating, and an “A+” with the Better Business Burau (BBB). Furthermore, J.D. Power & Associates has acknowledged Humana’s by awarding them “Highest Member Satisfaction.”

 

Humana Medicare Supplement Plan Benefits and Features

There are many different Medicare supplement plans offered by Humana. They also offer plans that cover prescription medications through partnered pharmacies such as Wal-Mart. Offers will vary between states. The following are more details about each of the Humana Medicare Supplement plans.

 

Plan A & Plan B

 

  • Hospitalization coinsurance is covered, plus 365 days of coverage after Medicare ends

  • Part A coinsurance for hospice care

  • Part B coinsurance for medical costs

  • Three pints of blood per year

  • Part A hospitalization deductible covered by Part B

Plan C

 

  • Hospitalization coinsurance is covered, plus 365 days of coverage after Medicare ends

  • Part A coinsurance for hospice care

  • Part B coinsurance for medical costs

  • Part A hospitalization deductible

  • Part B outpatient deductible

  • Three pints of blood per year

  • Skilled nursing care

  • Foreign medical emergencies

 

Plan F

 

  • Hospitalization coinsurance is covered, plus 365 days of coverage after Medicare ends

  • Hospice Part A coinsurance

  • Part B coinsurance and copay for approved services

  • Part A deductible

  • Part B deductible

  • Skilled nursing care

  • Foreign medical emergencies

  • High deductible (HD) plan with lower premiums

 

Plan G

Humana Medicare Supplement Plan G offers beneficiaries the same great coverage as Plan F, except the Part B deductible is not covered. This plan was designed for those that prefer to cover the deductible and have everything else covered for the year.

 

  • Hospitalization coinsurance is covered, plus 365 days of coverage after Medicare ends

  • Hospice Part A coinsurance

  • Part B coinsurance and copay for approved services

  • Part A deductible

  • Part B excess charges

  • Skilled nursing care

  • Foreign medical emergencies

  • High deductible (HD) plan with lower premiums

Plan K, L, and N

These three plans provide the basic coverage as the other options, but with the option to select lower premiums. The trade-off is, they cover lower portions of copay and coinsurance.