Medicare Supplement Plan G Benefits

Compare affordable Medicare Plans

Medicare Supplement Plan G benefits are some of the most comprehensive offered by any of the Medigap plans.

Medicare Supplement plans help pay the medical expenses that Original Medicare Part A and Part B do not pay, such as deductibles, out-of-pocket costs, and copays.

Medicare Supplement Plan G will have coverage that includes 8 of the 9 Medigap benefits available.

Medicare Supplement Plan G Benefits and Coverage

Medicare Supplement Plan G Benefits include:

  • Medicare Part A hospital costs up to 365 days after Original Medicare benefits are exhausted and hospital coinsurance, which can be from $0 to $778 a day in 2022, contingent on how long the hospital stay is.
  • Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment which is 20% of Medicare costs approved by Medicare.
  • First three pints of blood
  • Medicare Part A hospice care copayment or coinsurance. Respite care usually requires a coinsurance cost of 5%. Prescription drugs related to symptom control or pain relief are usually not more than $5.
  • Medicare Part A deductible in 2023 is $1600 for each benefit period
  • Medicare Part B excess charges. Those healthcare providers who do not accept Medicare may want 15% more for the services or products.
  • Coinsurance of skilled nursing care in a facility
  • Foreign travel emergency Health care coverage which is 80% up to the plan’s limits

Medicare Plan G Coverage

There are several reasons Medicare Plan G is liked by so many seniors.

Medicare Plan G takes care of the medical expenses Medicare does not pay for except for the yearly Part B deductible. The deductible is only $233 in 2022.

If you were to have Plan F, which has been around for many years, we can help you look at the premiums of Plan G.  When looking at the rates of all these plans, we can help you find one that will probably be lower than the Plan F premiums.

 

View plans and rates

Enter Zip Code

Medicare supplement rates

 

 

Medicare Supplement Plan G benefits include things like hospital expenses fully covered.  It will take care of the daily copays that may happen while in the hospital for longer than 60 days.  It will give you 365 days in the hospital after Medicare pays when it ends and will take care of your stay in a nursing rehab center.

Outpatient care will be taken care of after the first $233 in expenses are paid.  This you will pay, then your Plan G will take care of the rest.

Medicare pays 80% of your medical costs and includes emergency care.  Your supplement Plan G will pay the remaining 20% for the medical services.  Once Medicare pays its part, then your Supplement Plan G will cover all the rest.

 

Medicare Plan G

 

When you are reviewing all the Medicare Supplement Plans, you may look to see what coverage Medicare provides on all health issues and then can make an informed decision on what Supplement Plan is right for your circumstances.

Many people find that Supplement Plan G will cost more than Plan N because the coverage is more.  Peace of mind when finding a plan that will take care of all your medical needs is what many people are looking for.

Many will pay the higher premium of Plan G because there is so much more coverage for their health issues.

There are many Medigap seminars where you can find out more information on Medicare Supplement Plan G and you will be able to have your questions answered.  You will also find what insurance companies are selling this plan in your area.

View Plan G rates in your area

Get the latest prices from all the top companies

Medicare Supplement Plan G Gaps in Coverage

The only cost that you’ll have if enrolled in Medicare Supplement Plan G, is the Medicare Part B annual deductible. Once you pay this deductible, 100% coverage of all Medicare-approved expenses will be paid.

This is because, at that point, 80% of your Medical bills will be paid by Medicare, and Medicare Plan G will pay the remaining 20%.

Medicare Part B Deductible for 2023

In 2023, the Medicare Part B deductible amount is $226.

Once you pay the first $226 of your Medical bills, Medicare and Medicare Supplement Plan G benefits take over and pay everything 100% except for prescription drugs.

This is a calendar year deductible and resets every January.

Medicare Supplement Plan G Cost

Plan G premiums can range from $100 to $200 a month.  The cost will depend on where you live, your gender, tobacco use and more.

It is best to compare the plans offered where you live.  Three states will have different Medigap plans from the regular ten offered.  These states are Wisconsin, Massachusetts, and Minnesota. These states have different Medigap Plan G plans, and your agent can help find you a plan that is like a Plan G policy.

We can help you to understand what is best for you, regardless of which state you live in. And, we’ll help you save the most money by shopping all the top companies every year for you.

How to Enroll in Medicare Supplement Plan G

The best time to enroll in a Medicare Supplement Plan G is in your 6-month Medigap enrollment period.

Most people get Medicare Parts A and B when they turn 65, and this period begins on your Medicare Part B effective date.

If you currently have a Medigap plan, you may apply for a different Medicare supplement plan at any time during the year, however, if you’re outside the 6-month period then you will have to go through medical underwriting and get qualified.

Keep in mind, Medicare Supplement Plan G benefits are the same no matter which company offers them. The rates from each company vary widely though.

Let us help you find the best rates by calling us now at 1-888-891-0229.

Get Started Now with Medicare Supplement Plan G

The easiest way to enroll in Medicare Supplement Plan G coverage is to just give us a call today at 1-888-891-0229.

Whether you’re new to Medicare, or just shopping for a lower rate on Plan G, we’ll show you all the options available with Medicare Supplement Plan G benefits and how to save money.

Medicare supplement quotes